Painting a house can be a daunting task for those who are unfamiliar with the steps that it takes to paint a house. Knowing basic tips and tricks can help most homeowners accomplish most small projects but for houses with two stories, an expert house painter should be considered.
The appearance of a house has a huge impact on how others view it and says something about who you are and what sort of person lives there. Painting the exterior is one way to change the appearance and increase property value. Fortunately, there are many tips and tricks to get the job done as quickly as possible.
Read on to learn eight steps that help homeowners through the process of painting home’s exterior so it looks great for years to come!
How Much Does it Cost to Paint a House?
There are various factors that influence house painting prices. These include quality of paint, house painting designs and colors, tools used, and surface preparation before house paintings.
The average charges set by a home exterior painting company can be anywhere between $2-$5 per square foot. So, if you want to paint an 1800 sq ft exterior wall, you may spend between $3600 – $9000.
8 Steps to Paint Your House
House painting Queen Creek AZ can be a daunting task, especially if you don’t know where to start. But worry no more.
1. Clean the walls using a pressure washer to remove dirt, making it easier to apply fresh paint.
2. Use a putty knife to scrape away the damaged areas. Fill in divots or holes with spackle, and let it dry for several hours before sanding down the surface lightly.
3. Scrape and sand the surface to remove any loose paint.
4. Caulk trim to seal and make the surface of joints watertight.
5. Prime over stains to ensure there are no inconsistencies in the color of paint applied.
6. Cover windows, lights, and doors using plastic sheeting and tape.
7. Paint the exterior using a paint gun. Start by spraying from the top to bottom in a controlled and uniform manner.
8. Remove the plastic sheet from windows, light fixtures, and doors and use a paintbrush to paint your woodwork and doors.
As you can see, painting your home is a great way of adding value to it. In addition, painting it regularly with high-quality paint is one of the smartest ways to protect your investment.
Where to Get Professional House Painting in Queens Creek?
Valley Canvas is a home exterior painting company that is committed to providing quality house painting in Queen Creek AZ.
Get in touch with us today to get a free quote or learn more about our offers and exterior house painting services.