With 2022 coming right around the corner, many homeowners are thinking about painting the interiors of their homes. Two common rooms that many consider are their bedrooms and kitchens. While bedroom painting is a lot easier than painting your cabinets and kitchen walls and ceiling, painting accent walls can make a difference.
Accent walls add aesthetics to any room and can make rooms look more inviting and appear even bigger than they are. There’s a lot of great bedroom painting and kitchen ideas out there but sometimes it takes some visual pictures or suggestions on how to make an accent wall work in the space that matches decor and furniture.
To discover how to get the best large and small bedroom paint ideas with accent walls and tips for painting your cabinets, keep reading.
Accent Walls for Bedroom Painting
When it comes to bedroom painting and accent walls, it’s a good idea to match your comforter and curtains and choose the wall opposite of where the bed is placed. Many times a neutral colors such as beige, white, and dessert tans make the best choice for painting the other walls while selecting an accent color that matches your bedroom.
Here are some suggestions for bedroom painting:
- If possible move everything out of the bedroom.
- Cover the flooring with a canvas drop cloth.
- Fix holes and imperfections with drywall compound.
- Paint the ceiling first with flat or brilliant white.
- Paint your door and trim next before you paint the walls.
- Paint your accent wall with your color of choice.
- Finish by painting the remaining walls with a neutral tone.
Bedrooms are generally a lot easier to paint than larger rooms; however, depending on the number of doors and windows can impact the time it takes to paint your bedroom.
Accent Kitchen Walls and Painting Your Cabinets
The same rules as above can be applied to your kitchen walls for having a kitchen that stands apart from others you may see in pictures or in a friend’s or family’s house. Moreover, when it comes to painting your cabinets, special steps need to take place for a quality paint job that lasts and won’t chip, peel, or crack.
Use the following tips below when painting your cabinets:
- Remove all dishes and everything from the cabinets.
- Remove or tape off the hinges and handles.
- Clean your cabinets with mineral spirits to remove and debris.
- Use an oil-based primer to seal the prefinished wood.
- Sand the primer with a drywall sponge and repeat cleaning with mineral spirits.
- Apply the first coat of oil-based paint with a brush and fine-haired roller sleeve.
- Repeat the sanding and cleaning procedure with mineral spirits.
- Apply the second coat of paint and let it dry overnight for the best cure.
The best paint for kitchen cabinets is high-quality oil-based paint that will require paint thinner or mineral spirits to clean your brush and rollers. Latex paints typically don’t stand the abuse of kitchen activity and eventually flakes off or get marked easily.
Where to Find Professional Painters in Queen Creek?
The best place to find a professional painter for painting your cabinets and bedroom painting ideas with stunning accent walls is at Valley Canvas. We have expert interior designers who can give you suggestions and help you match your current decor in either your bedroom or kitchen.
To get started today and get a free quote, call us today or fill out our online contact form and get the accent wall and makeover you always dreamed about and wanted. Valley Canvas is committed to 100% customer satisfaction and quality workmanship.